Monday, September 20, 2010

New Monarchies homework due Wed

Pages 335-338

1. Using examples from AT LEAST TWO different states, analyze the key features of the new monarchies and the factors responsible
for their rise in the period 1450-1550.
Choices are: Spain, England, France
Of course you should know all the new monarchies, the question, however,  only requires two.

2. Why did the Holy Roman Empire develop differently?

Here is link to my past notes on the new monarchies: New Monarchies

Since many didn't do as I asked on the previous homework, let me repeat how I expect this done:


How to do this assignment.
1.Read the pages first and take notes that address question.
2.Look back at your notes and organize them. Notes are messy. Just like learning.
3. Write your answer to the question . Read it over (out loud). Revise.

What you will show me Monday
I want to see the notes you take  (which should be in your spiral notebook), as well as, how you organize your answer. Lastly, I want to see your answer. The first sentence of your answer should be your thesis statement (your argument).
Think of this question as a math problem. Your answer is important, but I want to see your thinking.
To analyze: determine the component parts; examine their nature and relationship.